Monday, September 14, 2015

Ticas_Final Reworks!


Hello class! I have been reworking and reworking! But kinda stuck, so really need your help here! I reworked the TOC based on Coni's comments and Brittney's. I made the article on the left smaller in size, and changed it to "The future of farms" instead of the "The New Face of Hunger." Also made the date and "Habitat" smaller to be more subtle. Thoughts? Improvement? Also fixed the image so the bind will not cut off her face ;)

The second is my Editor's note/mini article. I'm really struggling with this layout and trying to make it work together. I tried so many different things. Lastly, I ended up with this. But I still feel I need a little more. Suggestions?

Lastly, my AD. Yes, totally different from last week's post because after last class during our critiques, I got so inspired to make a clothing AD based on recycled clothing. Which is perfect for my audience because they love fashion. Meet Ziemia! (means Earth in polish) "Recycled and Renewed.
Ziemia strives to create high-quality, Eco-friendly clothing in a sustainable manner, and still make it cute and fashionable all while protecting the Earth!" I wanted to create something fun, edgy, and playful.

Can't wait to hear you guys!
Thanks!
 

1 comment:

  1. Nadine – this is all coming together. Great! Some thoughts:

    ToC – Not sure you need the “Editor’s Note” listing here – it actually sits on 02 and the Plastic Bags article sits on 03 – right? So, you can list them separately, each with their page #s, or simply drop the Editor’s Note completely. Look at your listing, and “balance” your lines (I use Paragraph/Balance Lines) – I see that the word “Bottles” could sit better on the next line.

    Editor’s Note – please read this out loud and copy/paste it into Word to run Grammar and Spell Check. I see a few typos/missing words/ incorrect capitalization even at this small size.

    Paid Ad – great idea (and great name). Make sure that the spot green color is substantial enough to read in the lower left corner. Because your spreads seem to contain a lively color palette, I’m wondering if this is a bit too subtle with the gray on gray on mid-green. Was this a 4/c image? If so, would you consider bringing back an area of color somewhere? Her lips?

    That’s it. Looking forward to seeing this all come together this week in class.

    ReplyDelete