Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Izzy _ Department Redesign






I redid my entire department to fit more of my farm to table urban city dwellers target audience, a few things I changed were;

-I redesigned my icon and department tag
-I broke the grid to make a more organic look for the content spread across the page
-I also updated my color palette changing the blue to red since it fits more with my images i've narrowed down


please give me your feedback on what you think as an overall design, the colors, the title and what works or what needs to be changed in the title . Also do you guys think i should switch the red part of the title to white and the white to red so "Under" and "Looked" will be in red?


Also should I rename the department "HEALTHY CORNER" instead of "HEALTH" CORNER?

3 comments:

  1. Izzy,
    This page caught my eye immediately! I love it! I love how the images "pop" out of the page. That detail makes me want to read the page. I'm not sure though, if the white text works against the light background. It's a little hard to read. Also, have you played around with right and left alignment for the body copy? In my opinion, I don't think centered text works for every section, but maybe for one or two it would. I prefer the department name "health corner". I think that would work with your audience better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Izzy – This will make a great right-hand page. Don’t forget to add the folio down near the running foot I see there now. The only thought I have is to look at the red title words “Used Over.” I wish they actually meant something. Then, I wish that “Under Looked” meant something… but alas, it doesn’t either! Maybe there is too much contrast between the white and red words… with a bit less contrast we might not pull this title apart so readily. Something to think about. Otherwise, I think this is done!

    Oh - I see that Erica has suggested you rethink the centered body copy. I usually would be the first one to question that, but these are such small blocks of type, and it looks like you are controlling their shape... so for once, I would say these seem to work well in relation to the negative space around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. izzy- i really like the colors, I would change the color of the seaweed to a duller green like the one you use in health corner because my eye is drawn to (that bright green seaweed is usually added food coloring and nature algae is usually a little more muted anyway). The centered text is throwing me off a little, because I want everything to be center aligned, like the image of emmer wheat and the text, so maybe its just the alignment with the image that I have an issue with and not the text itself. I agree with Coni about wanting Under Looked and Used Over to mean something, but oh well you can't force it. I like Health Corner v. healthy corner.

    ReplyDelete