Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Carissa Colclough Final Presentation

About The Magazine

Habitat Magazine is magazine that addresses their strong viewpoints of a more positive future. This issue covers a large amount of eating habits and what certain food alternatives you should look into, the health and well being of yourself, and how farmers are creating these foods. This magazine has two department articles and two feature articles.

Target Audience

My target audience is sophisticated, young females in their mid twenties and early thirties who are concerned about their body image and health habits. They have previous knowledge in the subject matter and wish to further their knowledge about eating clean, avoiding environmental contaminates, and learning to live in a more connected way to the natural world. The male audience is not of concern for the magazine, nor are the demographics of young children or elderly.

Concept

My magazine is intended to be a quick informative read. How I will get my concept across to my audience is by keeping the articles brief, but loaded with the right amount of information. For example, for my department Underused & Overlooked, I broke all information up into sections that were quick and fast to read so they could pick and choose which information they decided was more important for them.

Inspiration

My inspiration for design came from looking at competitors of my target audience magazine, like Oh Comely and Frankie. Each had a very clean and organized layout with the audience in mind, calm colors and minimal font choices. I chose to mirror those concepts and stick to the same fonts throughout the entire magazine and keep a similar rhythm to each page. The color pallet is green, pink, and purple pastels which compliment my feminine audience. My font choices are a simple body copy, with a bold retro-like headline.

Final Spreads:






1 comment:

  1. Good Brief, showing your understanding of the audience, concept, and competitors.

    ReplyDelete